Thursday, November 5, 2009

Globe Tattoo - Too slow

A colleague of mine bought a new HP netbook. I think it was the HP Netbook model 100. Lucky for him the laptop came with a Globe Tattoo Prepaid Wireless broadband.


It sparked my curiosity if Globe Tattoo would be fast in our area, Pasig City near Edsa Central. I then decided to borrow the thingy. Plugged it in on my Dad's ACER ASPIRE. It was succesfully installed on the computer.

I then decided to check the speed by going to speedtest.net. To my astonishment, it was so damn freakin' slow!! freakin' slower than dial up!! Took me 30minutes just to pull up speedtest.net's web page! Now that its loaded, I then click on start speed test guess what I got?? LATENCY ERROR. So much for pretty good advertisements.

At least now we know rather than getting one without knowing. gulo? hehehe... It's damn slow. It didn't even reach 1% of the speed of Sun Broadband. Maybe the cell site is still flooded by Typhoon Ondoy let's give them that.

Point Made.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello! We've put together a few tips that might help you improve your browsing experience with the Globe Tattoo Broadband stick. Here are some links that might help:

Globe Tattoo Blog

Cher Cabula's Mindbox

If you need more help with it, you can go to the Globe Tattoo site.