Saturday, September 19, 2009

Dreams that oughtta be reached.. A little dose of inspiration.

I have always been engaged into the arts eversince I was born. At the age of 5, I learned how to dance and sing. It was during these times that I was screaming my lungs out singing along Michael Jackson Songs and imitating his dance moves from my Tito's MJ Laserdisc collection(yes, it was still laserdiscs back then!) 

I was a member of a band way back in High School, I was on Rythm and Vocals. I suggested the band name Onesimus and my band mates thought it was cool. Until they found out I just got it from a Clothing Manufacturer's name. Bilib na sana sila saken asteeg daw eh! They changed the name to something else I don't remember.. Basta baduy at jologs yung pinalit nila..

Close to that timeline, I joined the Holy Family Consort Choir.  I am entirely grateful for all the things I learned from this choir. Everything about Music I learned it from them. I learned so much that I became worthy of joing Polytechnic University of the Philippines Bagong Himig. Concert experience, singing for the Lord, I did that all with these groups. From these choirs, I would like to point out what I wish that could have been for me.

The HFSC was a great choir because of 4 pillars in the group. They became the foundation of the group and they are the ones who make the choir sound really well up to competition level. I think it is destiny that they met each other and made a good chemistry in terms of friendship. In a choir, it is important that the group should be bonded like as if they are family so that they can sing as one and produce music that I would describe as heart-melting and groundshaking music. These 4 pillars achieved that level of music because they are one in every way. One might sing a simple note and it will then be followed by the other until all of them starts to turn the heads of people along the way! It was all because of the good chemistry of their friendship.

The PUP Bagong Himig shared the same type of chemistry as our mentors have shown us. They passed down the word, "bonding" to us when we were still trainees of the group because they believe the same principle in HSFC. Being one. The mentors of this group tremendously displayed how powerful their bonding are and how great the music they can produce as one, which is definitely heart-melting and jaw dropping. Very inspiring indeed.

In my point of view,  not just these choirs practice the good chemistry of bonding and friendship, but it is all throught every industry whether in the field of music or not. On this note, I am focusing on the music/entertainment industry. This is the very foundation why popular boybands, rockbands, choirs and all are succesful.

It has been a dream for me that the day would come, that I will be with musically inclined fellas who will share with me a good chemistry of friendship, form a group and create our own music and be succesful like the famous groups in our time.

In line with that, if there is anyone musically inclined reading this blog of mine, contact me we'll form a group and work our way to the red carpet!!!!



This whole blog thought came about while I was listening to the Acafella's (Man in the Mirror and Beatles Medley) thanks for the inspiration Acafella's

No comments: