Friday, September 25, 2009

Johnny Rockets Burger.. Now in the Philippines!

Today is the first day of Johnny Rockets here in the Philippines so I decided to be there together with my friends! This page will tell you our experience in this Burger Cafe I hope you'll get something out of it. This page will still be edited to add our actual pictures so stay tuned.

Johnny Rocket's Burger
Burger Cafe
Originally started in Melrose Avenue 
in Los Angeles,  California
Now in Eastwood Mall, Eastwood City Bagumbayan Q.C.
In front of Stackers and beside the 1800 Bldg.


The Venue

September 25, 2009 at 11Am the doors were open. As expected, the seats were all taken inside the shop, but luckily there were still available seats outside. Since they just opened, the maintenance dudes were still setting up the air-cool fans outside.The location is ideal due to heavy foot traffic and is also close to other restaurants in Eastwood Mall. Although I was not able to get in, I was able to catch a glimpse of the inside. The place has the bar-like counters where you can sit in front overlooking the kitchen. It kinda reminds me of what I usually see in the movies where the scene is in a diner.


The Crew

The crew provided great service in making you feel accommodated in the store. When we arrived I asked to be seated inside and the waitress sincerely apologized and offered to have us seated inside if there would be available seats. I liked the way she offered it so it is a plus point for customer service! I did a few research about their store and from what I read, the crew entertains the guests once in a while by doing a dance number. So I asked the waitress if they really dance, the waitress said "Yes we do sir!" they do it every 30 minutes! So it is a fact!

The waitress that served us gave an impression that she is more than happy to accomodate us and very friendly indeed. She is definitely well versed in doing customer service and it seems they are not just a waitress judging by how they speak. They definitely have a good command in the english language.

I observed how other customers are served and saw some of the waiters picking a conversation while on the other table, I saw the tall bald manager serve their food with enthusiasm. You can see the sincerity of this guy in serving the food to his customers and even cared to know to whom the food should be served. I never saw such service where this manager smiled and politely said, "Enjoy the food." Since we Filipinos are used to getting our foods served on our tables like as if no one was there, these customers were shocked for like 3-5 seconds before they went along with what they were talking about.

The waitresses looked good in their uniforms. I think because they look pretty and cute as well hehe.. plus.. very charming dance moves!


The Food

We ordered  the Original Burger, the #12 Burger, the Route 66 Burger, the perfect brownie sundae, the fries and the chocolate shake.

The chocolate shake was the best! If you remember the chocolate fudge sundae of Jollibee, it tasted like 85% of the sweet chocolatey fudge diluted in crushed ice and cream on top.

The burgers were good. We just didn't like the bun. The bun tasted like the bread bought from a local Aling Bebang's Bakery. In short, it's just a normal bread. I don't know if its just with the burgers that we ordered, it just did not reach our expectations. The Burgers were just big. One thing worth mentioning though is the patties, the patties were pure beef and oozing with deliciousness. This must be the signature of Johnny Rockets.

As for the perfect brownie sundae, THIS exceed our expecations. It was bigger than what was on the menu. It was all good and chocolatey. The brownie tasted nearly like chocolate cake. Marvelous.

The Price

If my memory serves me right, the Original Burger costs about P285, the  #12 Burger P365. The Route 66 Burger P465 and the Chocolate Shake, P215. The Brownie Sundae I think was P285. The prices aren't really friendly to the masses. A high social lifestyle burger shop that for the likes of me won't be back for a month or 2.


The Price vs. Food

My opinion, too expensive. I didn't really expect that. Not being biased and I know it is too early to judge, Stackers is better so far.

Pros
  • Great venue and good ambience.
  • Great customer service and entertainment.
  • Delicious burger patties!
  • Great chocolate shakes!
Cons
  • Too expensive.
  • Boring burger buns.

My Recommendation

The customer service and entertainment provided by the crew is what I think will make customer's go back to this burger shop. If they were to improve the buns of their burgers, I think they will topple the burger ranks of Stackers and Wendy's Burger. The price plays a vital role for its customer's to come back so I think this is the not so good side of this burger shop.

Eat at your own purse's risk.


Follow up: Why in front of Stackers? Head on competition maybe?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

same experience here.. tried the route 66 with onion rings on the side and both tastes good... forgot to order their famous milkshakes. maybe this weekend, i gotta try it